§ 36-3.1-3 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Alternative work schedules" means a plan of employment which varies the workday, workweek, and work schedules as an alternative to the conventional workweek, while still working the total basic number of hours required of their job. Alternative work schedules include flexitime, compressed workweeks, jobsharing, permanent part-time, and other alternative work plans. Alternative work schedules must first be approved by the appointing authority and reviewed by the personnel administrator.
(2) "Compressed workweek" means a working schedule which compresses the biweekly pay period into less than ten (10) working days.
(3) "Flexible-time employment" or "flexitime" as used in this chapter means employment in which the workday of a full-time employee consists of at least four (4) work hours worked between hours which are specified and known as "core time", and the remaining hours of which may be worked by the employee, as approved by the supervisor from among hours which are specified as the earliest time an employee may normally start work and the latest time an employee may normally stop work without special arrangements made in advance and known as the "bandwidth" of the workday.
(4) "Job-sharing" means a work plan in which two (2) or more persons share one job, jointly assuming responsibility for the job's output.
(5) "Permanent part-time" means a work schedule which provides for less than thirty-five (35) hours per week on a nontemporary basis.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 551, § 1.)