§ 36-4-34.1. Transfer of state employees.
(a) The director of the department of administration (the "director") is hereby authorized to transfer any employee within the executive branch who is not covered by a collective bargaining unit as provided in chapter 11 of this title. Any employee may be transferred to a comparable position upon the approval of the director of the department of administration and the personnel administrator. The transfers may be initially authorized for a period up to one year's duration and may be further extended with the approval of the personnel administrator (the "personnel administrator").
(b) Within seven (7) days of making a transfer of an employee or further extending the duration of a transfer as provided by subsection (a), the director making the transfer or the personnel administrator extending the transfer shall file a written report with the speaker of the house, the senate president, and the chairpersons of the house and senate finance committees, for each employee to be transferred. This report shall include:
(1) The identity of the employee;
(2) The employee's current work position and location, and the proposed new work position and location;
(3) The reason(s) for the employee transfer;
(4) The specific task(s) to be assigned to and completed by the transferred employee;
(5) An explanation of how the task(s) to be completed by the transferred employee relates to the mission of the transferee department, division or agency; and
(6) The anticipated duration of the employee's transfer.
(P.L. 1996, ch. 326, § 5; P.L. 2017, ch. 302, art. 5, § 6.)