§ 37-14.2-3 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings unless the context shall clearly indicate another or different meaning or intent:
(1) "Contract" means a mutually binding legal relationship, or any modification thereof, obligating the seller to furnish supplies or services, including construction, and the buyer to pay for them. As used in this chapter, a lease is a contract.
(2) "Contractor" means one who participates, through a contract or subcontract, in any procurement or program covered by this chapter and includes lessees and material suppliers.
(3) "Micro business" means a Rhode Island-based business entity, regardless of whether it is in the form of a corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, general partnership, or sole proprietorship, that has a total of ten (10) or fewer members, owners, and employees and has gross sales totaling five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) or less.
(4) "MB coordinator" means the official designated to have overall responsibility for promoting, coordinating, documenting, and implementing efforts related to micro businesses.
(5) "Registered" means those micro businesses that have provided their business name, address, owner-contact information, number of employees, and annual gross sales to the department of administration.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 500, § 2.)