§ 37-15.1-3 Definitions.
As used in this chapter the following terms shall, where the context permits, be construed as follows:
(1) "Community recycling center" means a central collection point in a community for hard-to-dispose material, or a point where those materials are taken after being collected to be processed.
(2) "Department" means the department of environmental management.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of environmental management.
(4) "Hard-to-dispose of material" means and encompasses the following materials: petroleum-based or synthetic lubricating oils, including, but not limited to, lubricants in internal combustion engines; tires used on motorized vehicles and trailers, including cars, trucks, buses, and heavy construction equipment; glycol-based antifreeze and organic solvents. A petroleum-based or synthetic lubricating oil which is recycled and/or re-refined is not, nor shall it be considered, a hard-to-dispose material.
(5) "Organic solvents" means any compounds of carbon which are liquids at standard conditions, and which are used as dissolvers, viscosity reducers, dilutents, thinners, reagents, or cleaning agents, (excluding carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, carbonic acid, metallic carbides, metallic carbonates, and ammonium carbonate) and which are listed as hazardous waste pursuant to the state hazardous waste program pursuant to chapter 19.1, title 23.
(6) "Person" means any natural person, political subdivision, government agency, public or private corporation, partnership, joint venture, association, firm, individual proprietorship, or other entity whatsoever.
(7) "Program" means those activities of the department to encourage, manage, and fund hard-to-dispose material control and recycling, and to aid in the monitoring and tracking, reduction, recycling, and reuse of hard-to-dispose material control and recycling pursuant to this chapter.
(8) "Public place" means any area that is used or held out for use by the public whether owned or operated by public or private interests.
(9) "Recycling" means the reuse of recovered resources in manufacturing, agriculture, power production, or other processes.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 514, § 1.)