§ 37-15.1-6. Allocation of funds.
The department shall allocate and distribute money for the hard-to-dispose material program by way of grant to eligible persons for the following activities:
(1) Establishing educational programs and technical assistance programs to assist in the collection, marketing, recycling, reuse, reduction, and safe disposal of hazardous material hard-to-dispose material.
(2) Establishing a grant-in-aid program and research programs to assist in the collection, marketing, recycling, reuse, reduction, and proper disposal of hard-to-dispose material for both the public and private sectors.
(3) Surveying, tracking, and monitoring hard-to-dispose material.
(4) Establish or plan state owned and operated regional collection centers for hard-to-dispose material with priority given to household materials.
(5) To supplement, not supplant, funds for the collection of used oil in the state's collection system.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 514, § 1; P.L. 1995, ch. 370, art. 40, § 115.)