§ 37-2.1-5. Definitions.
The following words and phrases when used in this chapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section:
(1) "Person" means natural persons as well as corporations, partnerships, business units, and associations;
(2) "Public agency" means any and all other public bodies, authorities, officers, agencies, or instrumentalities, whether exercising a governmental or proprietary function;
(i) The state and its departments, boards, commissions and agencies;
(ii) Cities, towns, school districts, and any other governmental unit or district; or
(iii) Any and all other public bodies, authorities, officers, agencies, or instrumentalities, whether exercising a governmental or proprietary function;
(3) "Public works" means steel to construct, frame or reinforce any public structure, building, highway, waterway, street, bridge, transit system, airport, or other betterment, work, or improvement, whether of a permanent or temporary nature, and whether for governmental or proprietary use;
(4) "Steel products" means products rolled, formed, shaped, drawn, extruded, forged, cast, fabricated, or otherwise similarly processed, or processed by a combination of two or more of these operations, from steel made in the United States by the open hearth, basic oxygen, electric furnace, Bessemer, or other steel making process; and
(5) "United States" means the United States of America and includes all territory, continental or insular, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(P.L. 1979, ch. 299, § 1.)