§ 37-2-26. Prequalification of contractors Roads Department of transportation.
Prequalification for a contractor who bids on road work for the department of transportation shall be as follows:
(1) A list of equipment in his or her possession and which he or she proposes to use on the contract if awarded to him or her.
(2) The name and qualifications of his or her superintendent or supervisory personnel to be assigned to the major features of the work.
(3) His or her financial references and an original copy of his or her current financial statement.
(4)(i) The successful contractor is required to submit to the Rhode Island department of transportation for approval, executed contract agreement(s) between the contractor and the qualified DBE to be utilized during the performance of the work.
(ii) Prior to submitting the above, any subcontractor and/or supplier must first receive subcontract approval by the Rhode Island department of transportation.
(5)(i) Provide the number of proposed trainees to be trained in each classification and training programs as stated in the required contract provisions for federal aid projects (training special provisions page 15 par. 3).
(ii) The above requirement will be submitted to the Rhode Island department of transportation external equal employment opportunity office for approval.
(6) The name of the individual who will act as the equal employment opportunity officer for this company.
(7) Four (4) copies on the company's letterhead of certification of nondiscrimination in equal employment opportunity.
(8) The successful contractor shall provide the names of proposed subcontractors and the phase and extent of the work which they will perform. If any have not performed similar work for this state, supply experience records for similar types of work performed elsewhere.
(9) Copies of letters directly from the contractor's bonding and insurance companies indicating their willingness to furnish the required bonds and insurance.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 526, § 2; P.L. 1997, ch. 326, § 158.)