§ 37-24-3 Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Construction" means the process of building, altering, repairing, improving, or demolishing forty percent (40%) or more of any public structures or buildings, or other public improvements of any kind to any public real property.
(2) "Department" means the department of administration.
(3) "Equivalent standard" means a high-performance green building standard other than LEED, which provides a rating system or measurement tool, that, when used, leads to outcomes, similar or equivalent to, LEED, outcomes, in terms of green building performance; current accepted equivalent standards include green globes, Northeast collaborative high-performance schools protocol; or other equivalent high-performance green building standard accepted by the department;
(4) "LEED certified standard" means the current version of the United States Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design green building rating standard referred to as LEED certified.
(5) "Major facility project" means:
(i) A building construction project larger than five thousand (5,000) gross square feet of occupied or conditioned space; or
(ii) A building renovation project is larger than ten thousand (10,000) gross square feet of occupied or conditioned space.
(6) "Public agency" means every state office, board, commission, committee, bureau, department or public institution of higher education.
(7) "Public facility" means any public institution, public facility, public equipment, or any physical asset owned, leased or controlled in whole or in part by this state or any agency or political subdivision thereof.
(P.L. 2009, ch. 212, § 1; P.L. 2011, ch. 363, § 39.)