§ 39-14.2-9. Vehicles to be utilized to provide TNC services.
TNC operators may utilize a personal vehicle to provide licensed TNC services, provided:
(1) The vehicle is owned by, leased to, or otherwise authorized by the legal owner/lessee to be used by a TNC operator to provide TNC services: and
(2) The vehicle is no older than fifteen (15) model years old and is designed to hold no more than seven (7) individuals, including the driver; and
(3) The vehicle meets the vehicle-safety inspection requirements for a private motor vehicle in Rhode Island, or the state in which the vehicle is registered, performed by a facility licensed by the state to conduct such inspections, and shall display an according inspection sticker on the vehicle's windshield if required to do so by applicable law; and
(4) The vehicle shall have met or surpassed sanitary/acceptability standards established by the TNC with which the TNC operator has "partnered"; and
(5) It shall be prohibited for a TNC operator to connect to a TNC's digital network for the purpose of accepting solicitations and providing TNC services in a personal vehicle other than a personal vehicle that the TNC operator has registered with the TNC pursuant to § 39-14.2-11.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 346, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 367, § 1.)