§ 39-14-5 Certification of businesses previously established.
The business of operating any limited public motor vehicle actually established in any city or town on or before February 15, 1956, and in continuous operation from that date to the date of application, shall be presumed to be required by public convenience and necessity, and certificates for operation shall be issued as a matter of right without public hearing, the provisions of § 39-14-4 notwithstanding; provided, however, that the certificates shall be limited to the number of public service registrations in effect, or for which applications were on file in the division of motor vehicles on April 27, 1956, at five o'clock (5:00) p.m. Pending the issuance of the certificates by the division, the continued operation by the applicant shall be lawful.
(G.L. 1938, ch. 100, § 7; P.L. 1956, ch. 3829, § 1; G.L. 1956, § 39-14-5; P.L. 1965, ch. 193, § 4.)