§ 39-15.1-2. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Commission" shall mean the public utilities commission established by chapter 39-1, with all powers set forth in chapter 39-1, including, but not limited to, the powers set forth in § 39-1-3 and 39-1-7, and in chapter 39-4, and subject to the provisions of chapter 39-5;
(2) "Division" shall mean the division of public utilities;
(3) "Water resources board" shall mean the water resources board having the duties set forth in chapter 46-15;
(4) "Water supplier" shall mean all water supply systems regulated by the public utilities commission including the Kent County Water Authority, Newport Water Department, Pawtucket Water Supply Board, Providence Water Supply Board, United Water Rhode Island, Woonsocket Water Department and any future water supply system that meets the definition established in subdivision 39-1-2(20) pertaining to public utilities employed for the distribution of water to the consuming public.
(5) "Water supply systems management plan" shall mean a water supply systems management plan prepared in accordance with § 46-15.3-5.1 and found by the water resources board, pursuant to the provisions of § 46-15.3-7.6, to be in compliance with the requirements for such plans.
(6) "Agricultural" shall mean commercial agricultural producers as defined in § 46-15.3-4(2).
(P.L. 2009, ch. 288, § 1; P.L. 2009, ch. 341, § 1.)