§ 39-18.1-3 Definitions.
When used in this chapter:
(1) "Department of Transportation" means the department created by chapter 13 of title 42 of the general laws of Rhode Island.
(2) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of transportation.
(3) "Highway maintenance" means the upkeep, maintenance, and repair of the state's highways, roads, and bridges, including repaving or resurfacing the same.
(4) "State Planning Council" means the state planning council within the division of planning of the department of administration, as established by Rhode Island general laws § 42-11-10.
(5) "Transportation Improvement Program" means the transportation improvement program that is created and amended from time to time by the state planning council.
(P.L. 2011, ch. 151, art. 22, § 1.)