§ 39-20-2 Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Commission" means the public utilities commission.
(2) "Division" means the division of public utilities and carriers.
(3) "Domestic electric utility" means an electric utility organized under the laws of, or having its principal place of business in, this state.
(4) "Electric generating facilities" means electric generating units rated five hundred (500) megawatts or above, and generating stations in commercial generation on or before January 1, 1990 that are subsequently altered or modified to increase the rating of such stations by at least two hundred (200) megawatts, and related facilities including those for the transmission of the capacity and related energy from such units or stations.
(5) "Electric utility" means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or entity, or subdivision thereof, private, governmental or other, wherever resident or organized, primarily engaged in the generation and sale or purchase and sale of electricity, or the transmission thereof, for ultimate consumption by the public.
(6) "Foreign electric utility" means any electric utility other than a domestic electric utility.
(P.L. 1975, ch. 215, § 1; P.L. 1976, ch. 334, § 1; P.L. 1990, ch. 171, § 1.)