§ 39-21-1. Legislative findings.
It is hereby found and disclosed that:
(1) E-911 uniform emergency telephone system is a feasible service and would be beneficial for the citizens of Rhode Island.
(2) E-911 uniform emergency telephone system employs features that contribute to the protection of life and property and add to the operational efficiency of various public safety agencies.
(3) E-911 uniform emergency telephone system affords our residents a more simple and faster means to request assistance in an emergency and, in addition, enables the various agencies to process emergency calls in a more efficient manner than at present.
(4) E-911 uniform emergency telephone system benefits are extremely valuable and this service would be an enhancement to the quality of life throughout our state.
(5) Changes in consumer habits require that the state E-911 uniform emergency telephone system take the steps necessary to ensure that its operating capabilities are in line with new technologies and practices.
(P.L. 1984, ch. 155, art. 6, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 516, § 1.)