Public Utilities and Carriers
The Energy and Consumer Savings Act of 2005
R.I. Gen. Laws § 39-27-4
§ 39-27-4. Scope.
(a) The provisions of this chapter apply to the following types of new products sold, offered for sale, or installed in the state:
(1) Automatic commercial icemakers;
(2) Commercial clothes washers;
(3) Commercial pre-rinse spray valves;
(4) Commercial refrigerators, freezers, and refrigerator-freezers;
(5) High-intensity discharge lamp ballasts;
(6) Illuminated exit signs;
(7) Large packaged air-conditioning equipment;
(8) Low-voltage dry-type distribution transformers;
(9) Metal-halide lamp fixtures;
(10) Single-voltage external AC to DC power supplies;
(12) Traffic signal modules; and
(13) Unit heaters.
(b) The provisions of this chapter also apply to the following types of new products sold, offered for sale, or installed in the state:
(1) Bottle-type water dispensers;
(2) Commercial hot food holding cabinets;
(3) Residential boilers and residential furnaces;
(4) State-regulated incandescent reflector lamps; and
(5) Walk-in refrigerators and walk-in freezers.
(c) The provisions of this chapter do not apply to:
(1) New products manufactured in the state and sold outside the state;
(2) New products manufactured outside the state and sold at wholesale inside the state for final retail sale and installation outside the state;
(3) Products installed in mobile manufactured homes at the time of construction; or
(4) Products designed expressly for installation and use in recreational vehicles.
History of Section.
P.L. 2005, ch. 136, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 146, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 177, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 288, § 1.