§ 39-6.1-1 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Agent for the state" means and includes the department of transportation as agent for the state as that term is used in 49 U.S.C. § 1654 and any amendments to it.
(2) "Department" means the department of transportation or other appropriate state agency of this state.
(3) "Includes" and variants of it should be read as if the phrase "but is not limited to" were also set forth.
(4) "Persons" means individuals, corporations, partnerships, or foreign and domestic associations.
(5) "Rail properties" means assets or rights, both real and personal, owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by a railroad which are used or useful, in providing rail transportation service.
(6) "Rail service" means both freight and passenger service.
(P.L. 1976, ch. 28, § 1.)