§ 4-1.1-1. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Calf raised for veal" means a calf of the bovine species kept for the purpose of producing the food product referred to as veal.
(2) "Crate" means a "gestation crate" for sows or a "veal crate" for calves.
(3) "Farm" means the land, building, support facilities, and other equipment that are wholly or partially used for the commercial production of animals or animal products used for food or fiber; and does not include live animal markets.
(4) "Farm owner or operator" means any person who owns or controls the operation of a farm, and does not include any non-management employee, contractor, or consultant.
(5) "Fully extending the animal's limbs" means fully extending all limbs without touching the side of an enclosure.
(6) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, limited liability company, corporation, estate, trust, receiver, or syndicate.
(7) "Sow during gestation" means a pregnant pig of the porcine species kept for the purpose of breeding.
(8) "Turning around freely" means turning in a complete circle without any impediment including a tether, and without touching the side of a crate.
(P.L. 2012, ch. 275, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 285, § 1.)