§ 4-1.1-4 Exceptions.
This section shall not apply:
(1) During medical research.
(2) Temporary confinement prior to and during examination, testing, individual treatment or operation for veterinary purposes.
(3) During transportation.
(4) During rodeo exhibitions, state or county fair exhibitions, 4-H programs, and similar exhibitions or educational programs.
(5) During temporary confinement for animal husbandry purposes for no more than six (6) hours in any twenty-four (24) hour period unless ordered by a licensed veterinarian.
(6) During the humane slaughter of a sow or pig accordance with the provisions of chapter 4-17, and other applicable laws and regulations.
(7) To a sow during the fourteen (14) day period prior to the sows expected date of giving birth and extending for a duration of time until the piglets are weaned. This period may be modified upon the order of a licensed veterinarian.
(8) To calves being trained to exhibit.
(9) To calves being trained to accept routine confinement in dairy and beef housing.
(P.L. 2012, ch. 275, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 285, § 1.)