§ 4-18-4 Application for import permits.
Import permits for animals listed under § 4-18-3 shall be issued only upon written application from the person desiring to import them. The application shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The number and true scientific name of each species (Reference: Walker, E. P., and others. Mammals of the World. Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1964. Volumes I and II and subsequent editions).
(2) The carrier and probable point of first arrival in this state of each shipment.
(3) The purpose for which they are to be imported (exhibition, research, sale to the public, etc.).
(4) The name and address of the consignee.
(5) The name and address of the consignor.
(6) The place or premise where the animals shall be held in quarantine pending the completion of any tests, veterinary examinations, and observation period as may be specified by the department in issuance of the import permit. Adequate quarantine facilities must be available and approved by the department before issuance of the import permit can be made.
(7) The name and address of the veterinarian who conducts the tests and examinations specified by the department.
(8) For personal pets only, the date of acquisition and name and address of supplier.
(P.L. 1971, ch. 58, § 1.)