§ 4-18-5. Issuance of import permits.
Issuance of import permits for animals listed under § 4-18-3 may be made by the department upon:
(1) Submission of written application providing the information enumerated under § 4-18-4 not less than seven (7) days preceding the probable date of shipment;
(2) Completion of an inspection indicating that the quarantine facility or premises designated in the application are adequate;
(3) Payment of the necessary permit fees required under § 4-18-8;
(4) Determination by the department that the public health and safety is not endangered; and
(5) Approval of the probable point of first arrival into this state.
(P.L. 1971, ch. 58, § 1.)