§ 4-2-3. Definitions.
When used in this chapter:
(1) "Brand name" means any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination identifying the commercial feed of a distributor or registrant and distinguishing it from that of others.
(2) "Commercial feed" means all materials except whole seeds unmixed or physically altered entire unmixed seeds, when not adulterated within the meaning of § 4-2-7, which are distributed for use as feed or for mixing in feed. The director by regulation may exempt from this definition, or from specific provisions of this chapter, commodities such as hay, straw, stover, silage, cobs, husks, hulls, and individual chemical compounds or substances when those commodities, compounds, or substances are not inter-mixed or mixed with other materials, and are not adulterated within the meaning of § 4-2-7.
(3) "Contract feeder" means a person who as an independent contractor, feeds commercial feed to animals pursuant to a contract whereby that commercial feed is supplied, furnished, or otherwise provided to that person and whereby that person's remuneration is determined all or in part by feed consumption, mortality, profits, or amount or quality of product.
(4) "Customer formula feed" means commercial feed which consists of a mixture of commercial feeds and/or ingredients each batch of which is manufactured according to the specific instructions of the final purchaser.
(5) "Distribute" means to offer for sale, sell, exchange, or barter, commercial feed; or to supply, furnish, or otherwise provide commercial feed to a contract feeder.
(6) "Distributor" means any person who distributes.
(7) "Drug" means any article intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in animals other than humans and articles other than feed intended to affect the structure or any function of the animal body.
(8) "Feed ingredient" means each of the constituent materials making up a commercial feed.
(9) "Label" means a display of written, printed, or graphic matter upon or affixed to the container in which a commercial feed is distributed, or on the invoice or delivery slip with which a commercial feed is distributed.
(10) "Labeling" means all labels and other written, printed, or graphic matter:
(i) Upon a commercial feed or any of its containers or wrapper; or
(ii) Accompanying that commercial feed.
(11) "Manufacture" means to grind, mix, or blend, or further process a commercial feed for distribution.
(12) "Mineral feed" means a commercial feed intended to supply primarily mineral elements or inorganic nutrients.
(13) "Official sample" means a sample of feed taken by the director or his or her agent in accordance with § 4-2-10(c), (e), or (f).
(14) "Percent" or "percentages" means percentages by weights.
(15) "Person" means individual, partnership, corporation, and association.
(16) "Pet" means any domesticated animal normally maintained in or near the household(s) of the owner(s).
(17) "Pet food" means any commercial feed prepared and distributed for consumption by pets.
(18) "Product name" means the name of the commercial feed which identifies it as to kind, class, or specific use.
(19) "Specialty pet" means any domesticated animal pet normally maintained in a cage or tank, such as, but not limited to, gerbils, hamsters, canaries, psittacine birds, mynahs, finches, tropical fish, goldfish, snakes and turtles.
(20) "Specialty pet food" means any commercial feed prepared and distributed for consumption by specialty pets.
(21) "Ton" means a net weight of two thousand (2,000) pounds avoirdupois.
(P.L. 1977, ch. 170, § 2.)