§ 4-24-13. Low-cost spay/neuter accounts.
(a) All revenue generated pursuant to §§ 4-24-9 and 4-24-10 shall be deposited in the respective city and towns spay/neuter accounts. Said funds shall be divided equally with fifty percent (50%) of which to be reserved for the exclusive use of funding a low-cost spay/neuter program for the animals of persons who qualify for one of the following public assistance programs or any other public assistance program as determined by the city or towns animal control officer:
(1) Any program which qualifies as public assistance pursuant to chapter 6 of title 40;
(2) The food stamp program authorized by Title XIII of the federal Food and Agriculture Act of 1977, 7 U.S.C. § 2011 et seq.;
(3) The supplemental security income program authorized by Title XVI of the federal Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1381 et seq.;
(4) The federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Act authorized by 42 U.S.C. § 601 et seq.; or
(5) The Medicaid program authorized by Title IX of the federal Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1381.
Persons who are eligible for any of the aforementioned programs must provide proof that he or she is an eligible person to the animal control officer of that city or town to qualify for the low-cost spay/neuter provisions of this section.
(b) All remaining funds shall be deposited in the respective city or towns spay/neuter account to fund the spaying and neutering of animals currently residing in the city or towns pound and to fund low-cost spay/neuter programs.
(P.L. 2006, ch. 59, § 1; P.L. 2006, ch. 63, § 1.)