§ 4-26-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context indicates a different meaning or intent:
(1) "Advisory council" or "council" means the Rhode Island livestock welfare and care standards advisory council act of 2012 established pursuant to § 4-26-4.
(2) "Agricultural operation" means any individual, partnership or corporation that complies with § 44-27-3 and subsection 2-1-22(j) and produces and distributes a commercial food, feed, fiber or horticultural product.
(3) "Biosecurity" means security from transmission of infectious diseases, parasites and pests.
(4) "Director" means the director of the Rhode Island department of environmental management.
(5) "License" means the certificate issued by the director to any person, firm, partnership, or corporation regularly engaged in the business of buying, selling and/or transporting livestock to be sold or used for food.
(6) "Livestock" means any bovine, equine, caprine, ovine, camelid, swine, poultry, or other animal that is raised for production of food or fiber, or is used for work, commerce, or exhibition.
(7) "State veterinarian' means a licensed veterinarian employed by the department of environmental management.
(P.L. 2012, ch. 368, § 1; P.L. 2012, ch. 381, § 1.)