§ 40.1-24.5-6. Qualified rights of residents.
Except to the extent that the director as defined in § 40.1-24.5-1(2) determines that a limitation or a denial of one of the following rights would be in the resident's best interests and, further, unless the director documents the good cause reasons for the denial or limitations in the resident's individualized service plan, the resident shall be entitled to the following:
(1) To wear one's own clothes and to keep and use one's own personal possessions;
(2) To keep and be allowed to spend a reasonable sum of one's own money for consumer purchases;
(3) To have reasonable access to a telephone to make and receive confidential calls;
(4) To have opportunities for physical exercise and outdoor recreation;
(5) To have reasonable, prompt access to current newspapers, magazines, and radio and television programming; and
(6) To receive visitors of one's own choosing at all reasonable times. Posted reasonable visiting hours must be maintained in each community residence, with a minimum of six (6) hours daily.
(P.L. 1982, ch. 363, § 1.)