§ 40.1-25.1-2 Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Agency" means any person or organization which provides day program services, residential services, support services or advocacy services for persons with developmental disabilities, persons who are mentally ill and persons who are substance abusers and which is licensed by the department of mental health, retardation, and hospitals pursuant to § 40.1-24-1 et seq.
(2) "Applicant for employment" means a person over the age of eighteen (18) who has applied for and been offered employment in a facility, program or agency licensed, funded and/or operated by the department.
(3) "Department" means the department of mental health, retardation, and hospitals.
(4) "Director" means the director of the department of mental health, retardation, and hospitals or the designee of the director.
(5) "Employer" means any facility, program or agency licensed and/or funded by the department of mental health, retardation, and hospitals and shall mean the department when the facility or program is operated by the department.
(6) "Facility" means any community residence, day treatment program, rehabilitation program, public or private, excluding hospitals, except for the Eleanor Slater Hospital, providing program services which do not constitute medical or custodial care but do offer rehabilitation, habilitation, psychological support and social guidance.
(7) "Program" means a planned service delivery system structured to provide specific components, which are responsive to the needs of those served.
(P.L. 2001, ch. 410, § 1.)