§ 40.1-8.5-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Audit" means an annual financial accounting of a center's financial situation, conducted by a certified public accountant, within one hundred twenty (120) days from the end of the center's fiscal year, and which includes, for the year reviewed and the immediate preceding year, full financial disclosure of the center's assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenues, and expenditures by program, and a verification of matchable funds for the year reviewed.
(2) "Board" means the community mental health board created pursuant to this chapter as the governing body of the community mental health center.
(3) "Center" means the community mental health center which is a local, nonprofit entity organized and incorporated pursuant to the laws of the state, governed by a board, and recognized by the department of behavioral healthcare, developmental disabilities and hospitals as the community mental health center for a designated mental health service area.
(4) "Department" means the state department of behavioral healthcare, developmental disabilities and hospitals.
(5) "Director" means the director of the state department of behavioral healthcare, developmental disabilities and hospitals.
(6) "Fiscal year" means the fiscal year used by the state.
(7) "Matching grant funds" means state funds in an amount up to and not more than four dollars ($4.00) for each dollar of matchable funds, certified and budgeted in accordance with this chapter. Matching grant funds excludes, but may be in addition to, other funds provided by the state for mental health services.
(8) "Mental disability" means any mental disorder in which the capacity of the person to exercise self-control or judgment in the conduct of his or her affairs and social relations or to care for his or her personal needs is impaired.
(9) "Mental health services" means those services provided to mentally disabled children and adults and shall include, but not be limited to, psychiatric, medical, nursing, psychological, social, rehabilitative and support services provided in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of mental disabilities, and in addition, may include those services designed to prevent mental disabilities or be of a consultative, informational or educational nature about mental disabilities.
(10) "Mental health service area" herein also referred to as "service area", means the geographical area within the boundaries of cities and towns, as designated by the director.
(11) "Participating municipalities" means those cities and towns, which provide funds to a particular community mental health center for mental health services and which receive matching grant fund supported services from that community mental health center.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 390, § 2.)