§ 40.1-8.5-7. Power and duties of director.
In addition to the powers and duties delineated elsewhere in this chapter and other powers and duties already conferred by law, the director shall:
(1) Promulgate administrative and fiscal regulations necessary to carry out the requirements of this chapter;
(2) Plan and coordinate with the assistance of the boards the development and delivery of comprehensive mental health services within each service area;
(3) Establish guidelines for general evaluation procedures to assure program quality;
(4) Review each board's overall plan and budget and approve the expenditure of department funds;
(5) Provide consultative staff services to each board, as needed;
(6) Require assurances from each board that no persons within its area are denied service on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, disability, or sexual preference;
(7) Require assurances from each board that no person will be denied service based on the person's ability to pay, contingent upon the availability of resources;
(8) Require assurances from each board that hiring of staff, full or part-time, is done without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, disability, sexual preference or political affiliation and is in compliance with state and federal laws;
(9) Provide qualified department personnel under the supervision of the director to monitor implementation of this chapter.
(P.L. 1993, ch. 390, § 2.)