§ 40-1-10 Transfer of functions from the department of community affairs.
(a) There is hereby transferred to the department of human services those functions formerly administered by the department of community affairs relating to:
(1) Administrative support to federal grants;
(2) Community services block grants;
(3) Domestic violence project;
(4) Community agency liaison and funding (women and human services);
(5) Community agency liaison and funding (energy and community services);
(6) Displaced homemaker centers;
(7) Federal surplus commodity distribution;
(8) Health center grants;
(9) Community action fund;
(10) Commission on Indian affairs.
(b) In addition to any of its other powers and reponsibilities, the department is authorized and empowered to accept any grants made available by the United States government or any agency thereof, and the department, with the approval of the governor, is authorized and empowered to perform such acts and enter into all necessary contracts and agreements with the United States or any agency thereof as may be necessary in such manner and degree as shall be deemed to be in the best interests of the state. The proceeds of grants so received shall be paid to the general treasurer of the state and by him or her deposited in a separate fund and shall be utilized for the purposes of the grant or grants.
(P.L. 1985, ch. 181, art. 61, § 4.)