§ 40-1-16. Visiting nurse association Payment.
(a) For purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Agency" means the Kent County visiting nurse association, Newport visiting nurse service; VNA, Inc., visiting nurse services of Woonsocket, Little Compton visiting nurse association; Northwest Community nursing & health service; visiting nurse services of Pawtucket; and visiting nurse services of Washington County and Jamestown;
(2) "Home visit" means a visit, by the agency to a client during which skilled nursing services, physical, speech, and/or occupational therapy services, and/or home health aide services are rendered to the client, and the visit is reportable on the medicare cost report; and
(3) "Reference year" means the previous fiscal year.
(b) The director shall apportion any appropriation for visiting nurse association in accordance with the following:
(1) Ten percent (10%) of the appropriation shall be divided equally among the agencies.
(2) Ninety percent (90%) of the appropriation shall be divided by the statewide total number of home visits for the reference year.
(3) Each agency shall receive an amount equal to the quotient in subsection (b)(2) of this section multiplied by the number of home visits by the agency in the reference year.
(P.L. 1989, ch. 305, § 1.)