§ 40-13.2-1 Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter
(1) "Child" means any person less than eighteen (18) years of age, provided that a person over eighteen (18) years of age and not yet twenty-one (21) years of age who is nevertheless subject to continuing jurisdiction of the family court, pursuant to chapter 1 of title 14 or is identified as emotionally disturbed as defined in chapter 7 of title 40.1 or is identified as developmentally delayed in accordance with § 40.1-1-8 shall be a child for purposes of this chapter.
(2) "Department" means the department of children, youth, and families.
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of children, youth, and families or the designee of the director.
(4) "Person" when used to describe the owner or operator of a facility which must be licensed or registered with the department or when used to describe a youth serving agency worker includes individuals, associations, and corporations.
(5) "Youth serving agency" means any facility or program which is operated for more than two (2) hours per day at least one day per week, and which provides programs and activities for children and employs persons who have supervisory or disciplinary authority over a child or children. School programs operated by schools certified under the provisions of title 16 of the general laws are not considered youth serving agencies pursuant to this chapter.
(6) "Youth serving agency worker" means any person in the employ of a youth serving agency who has supervisory or disciplinary authority over a child or children or whose work involves routine contact with a child or children without the presence of other employees.
(P.L. 1985, ch. 334, § 1; P.L. 1997, ch. 217, § 2; P.L. 1997, ch. 228, § 2; P.L. 1997, ch. 322, § 2.)