§ 40-19-2. Comprehensive parenting and pregnancy program established.
The state, under the supervision of the department of human services, shall establish the statewide comprehensive adolescent pregnancy and parenting program, which will include the existing department of human service programs, Project Hope, and Pawtucket's school based adolescent pregnancy project, providing both school based and community based services including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
(1) To assist pregnant adolescents in accessing early comprehensive and complete prenatal and pediatric care which will be sensitive to the special needs and risks of adolescents and infants;
(2) Mobilize resources and/or provide support services to access adequate parenting programs, family involvement, nutrition programs, transportation, clothing, child care programs and job training and employment opportunities;
(3) In cooperation with the school systems, coordinate the design of an educational plan to include options for completing high school programs;
(4) In cooperation with the school systems, coordinate the development of plans to reach pregnant students in order to offer services and support to encourage pregnant and parenting students to remain and complete their high school education;
(5) Provide for crisis intervention and emergency assistance;
(6) Home management and parenting and nutrition skill building opportunities;
(7) Encourage program providers to employ staff that is reflective of the racial and ethnic populations of the adolescents in their community.
(P.L. 1991, ch. 269, § 1.)