§ 40-6-12.1. Warrants Release of information.
(a) The department of human services shall provide to the statewide warrant squad the current address of any individual if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) There is an outstanding arrest warrant or body attachment issued by a state court in Rhode Island for the individual; and
(2) The individual is a fugitive felon as defined by the department in accordance with 42 U.S.C. § 608(a)(9); and
(3) The individual is receiving general public assistance, or cash assistance under chapter 5.1 of this title either for themselves or their dependents; and
(4) The law enforcement officer seeking the information certifies in writing that an attempt by the warrant squad to locate and apprehend that individual has been unsuccessful; and
(5) The warrant squad provides the department the name, date of birth, and social security number of the individual.
(b) If all the above conditions are met, the department shall release the address upon the request and certification of such officer, and a release pursuant to this section shall not constitute a violation of §§ 40-6-12, 40-5.1-31 or 38-2-2(4).
(P.L. 1991, ch. 300, § 1; P.L. 1996, ch. 129, § 21; P.L. 1996, ch. 131, § 21; P.L. 1996, ch. 132, § 21; P.L. 1996, ch. 133, § 21.)