§ 42-10.1-2 Purpose. [Effective until January 1, 2017.].
It shall be the purpose and responsibility of the board:
(1) To advise and assist all state departments, authorities, agencies, boards, commissions, and public and quasi-public corporations having authority to issue revenue or general obligation bonds or notes with respect to issuance of and financial planning related to all those bonds and notes;
(2) Upon request, to advise and/or assist any city or town and any municipal or regional agency, authority, board, commission, or public or quasi-public corporation having authority to issue revenue or general obligation bonds or notes with respect to the issuance and financial planning related to those bonds and notes;
(3) To collect, maintain, and provide information on state, municipal and public or quasi-public corporation debt authorization, sold and outstanding, and serve as a statistical center for all state and municipal debt issues;
(4) To maintain contact with state municipal and public or quasi-public corporation bond issuers, underwriters, credit rating agencies, investors, and others to improve the market for state and local government debt issues;
(5) To undertake or commission studies on methods to reduce the costs and improve credit ratings of state and local debt issues;
(6) To recommend changes in state laws and local practices to improve the sale and servicing of state and local debts.
(P.L. 1986, ch. 477, § 1.)