§ 42-11.1-14. Inapplicability of chapter.
(a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to payments due and owing by the state:
(1) Under the eminent domain procedure law, chapter 6 of title 37;
(2) As interest allowed on judgments rendered by a court according to any provision of law other than those provisions contained in this chapter;
(3) To the federal government; to any state agency or its related instrumentalities; to any duly constituted unit of local government including, but not limited to, cities, towns, school districts, special districts, or any of their related instrumentalities; to any public authority or public benefit corporation; or to employees of state agencies when acting in, or incidental to, their public employment capacity;
(4) To contractors of third party payment agreements;
(5) To entities which receive state funds through any intermediary organization other than a state agency; or
(6) In situations where the controller exercises a legally authorized set-off against all or part of the payment due the contractor.
(b) The treasury department shall have three (3) working days to transmit payment following receipt of paperwork from the controller's office.
(P.L. 1987, ch. 73, § 1.)