§ 42-119-3 Areas of responsibility.
The commission has the following responsibilities:
(1) Advise and submit recommendations to the governor and the general assembly on issues relating to women;
(2) Gather and disseminate information to women and/or the general public on issues relating to women;
(3) Develop and/or support programs and services for women consistent with the purpose of the commission;
(4) Collaborate and/or partner with concerned organizations, groups, and state departments on issues of common concern;
(5) Educate and encourage women to exercise the right to vote, encourage candidacy for public office and promote appointment of qualified women to boards, commissions, and government positions at all levels;
(6) Evaluate, monitor, and propose federal and state legislation and advise legislators on issues relating to women; and
(7) Advocate for women's equity in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 59, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 24, § 2; P.L. 2016, ch. 29, § 2.)