§ 42-119-4. Selection criteria.
The commission shall be appointed in the following manner:
(1) The governor shall appoint twelve (12) members for three (3) year terms on a staggered basis with four (4) appointed each year. Terms shall be effective July 1;
(2) The president of the senate shall appoint three (3) senators, not more than two (2) from the same political party;
(3) The speaker of the house shall appoint three (3) representatives, not more than two (2) from the same political party;
(4) Consistent with the purpose, the commission shall designate eight (8) state department directors who shall each appoint one commissioner for a three (3) year term on a staggered basis effective July 1;
(5) Reappointments can be made and any vacancies shall be filled consistent with initial appointments. All appointees shall have a commitment to working with issues relating to women.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 59, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 180, § 131; P.L. 2006, ch. 216, § 54.)