§ 42-132-2. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the director of the secretary of state's first stop business information center;
(2) "Department" means the secretary of state's office;
(3) "License" means any certificate, permit or other evidence, by whatever name called, of a right or privilege to engage in any business activity, except occupational licenses;
(4) "Occupational license" means any certificate, permit or other evidence, by whatever name called, of a right or privilege to engage in a profession, occupation, or field of endeavor that is issued by an occupational licensing agency;
(5) "Occupational licensing agency" means any board, commission, committee, or other agency of this state that is established for the primary purpose of regulating the admission or conduct of persons in a particular profession, occupation, or field of endeavor, and is authorized to issue and revoke licenses. The term does not include a state agency or department that issues permits or licenses as only part of its regular function;
(6) "Office" means the first stop business information center.
(P.L. 2001, ch. 117, § 1.)