§ 42-139.1-11 Duties and powers of the secretary. [Effective January 1, 2017.].
The secretary shall have the authority to perform any duties that are necessary to implement the provisions of this chapter. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the secretary is authorized and empowered to:
(1) Develop forms for the required lobbying reports.
(2) Develop a form of register for persons required to register pursuant to this chapter.
(3) Adopt rules and regulations to carry out the purposes of this chapter, including a schedule of administrative penalties to be assessed for minor infractions, such as the failure to timely file any of the reports required by this chapter.
(4) Collect fines and such assessed registration fees that the secretary deems appropriate.
(5) Prepare and publish educational materials relating to the provisions of this chapter, including, at the secretary's discretion, an instructional link and training video available on the secretary's website.
(P.L. 2016, ch. 62, § 3; P.L. 2016, ch. 69, § 3.)