§ 42-82-4. Powers of commission.
The commission has the power to:
(1) Retain by contract or employ counsel, auditors, engineers, appraisers, private consultants and advisors, or other personnel needed to provide necessary services;
(2) Conduct hearings, examinations, and investigations as may be necessary and appropriate to the conduct of its operations and the fulfillment of its responsibilities;
(3) Obtain access to public records and apply for the process of subpoena, if necessary, to produce books, papers, records, and other data;
(4) Purchase, receive by gift, or otherwise acquire development rights;
(5) Accept gifts, grants or loans of funds, property, or services from any source, public or private, and comply, subject to the provisions of this chapter, with the terms and conditions thereof;
(6) Accept from a federal agency loans or grants for use in carrying out its purposes and enter into agreement with an agency respecting those loans or grants; and
(7) Otherwise do all things necessary for the performance of its duties, the fulfillment of its obligations and the conduct of its business.
History of Section.
P.L. 1981, ch. 299, § 1.