§ 45-59-9. Purposes of authority.
(a) Except as its purposes may be limited by the petition, the management district commission authority will have the following purposes within the management district:
(1) To provide for the cleaning of the public streets and sidewalks and the removal of snow;
(2) To provide for security; however, nothing contained in this section shall bestow or authorize any police powers on any security force established by this provision;
(3) To install, repair and maintain public streets and sidewalks and lighting for public streets and sidewalks;
(4) To install, repair and maintain street signs;
(5) To provide for landscaping and the repair and maintenance of public spaces;
(6) To provide for refuse collection and removal;
(7) To provide for motor vehicle parking;
(8) To sponsor and promote recreational, cultural and retail activities;
(9) To promote the development of the management district including collecting and disseminating information;
(10) To construct public facilities; and
(11) To provide such other services and facilities within the management district as may be beneficial to the management district and the property owners, tenants and other occupants in the district.
(b) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize or bestow any police powers upon the security force established in this section.
(P.L. 2001, ch. 205, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 373, § 1.)