§ 46-15.7-2. Definitions.
The following words and phrases shall have the meanings stated herein when used in this chapter:
(1) "Board" means the Rhode Island water resources board created by chapter 15 of this title.
(2) "Person" means and is defined by § 46-13-2(2).
(3) "Safe yield" means a sustainable withdrawal that can be continuously supplied from a water source without adverse effects throughout a critical dry period with a one percent (1%) chance of occurrence, or one that is equivalent to the drought of record, whichever is worse.
(4) "Water source" means any location at which ground or surface water may be withdrawn for any purpose, including tidal waters, harbors, estuaries, rivers, brooks, watercourses, waterways, wells, springs, lakes, ponds, impoundments, diversion structures, wetlands, aquifers, recharge areas, and any others that are contained within, flow through, or border on this state or any portion thereof.
(5) "Water Supply System Management Plan" means a plan, which may be an element of a local comprehensive plan, adopted and approved in accordance with chapter 15.3 of this title.
(6) "Withdrawal" means taking of water from a water source for any purpose, regardless of the quantity or quality of the water taken or its eventual disposition including return to the same water source.
(P.L. 1998, ch. 285, § 1.)