§ 5-20.7-5. Powers of the board.
The board shall:
(1) Establish criteria, standards, and requirements for the certifying and licensing of real estate appraisers, including, but not limited to, educational criteria, experience criteria, and examination requirements for certifying, licensing, and recertifying.
(2) Establish administrative procedures for disciplinary proceedings conducted pursuant to the provisions of this chapter and the board shall censure, suspend, and revoke certificates pursuant to the disciplinary proceedings established by the board.
(3) Have a policy-making role in the preparation and composition of the examinations to be administered by the department or its designee. Subsequent to the administration of the examination, the board shall review the examinations to evaluate their effectiveness.
(4) Supervise the operations in the department in an advisory capacity and promulgate any policy, procedures, and rules that are necessary to improve the operations of the department in their areas of expertise and to implement this chapter. The promulgation of those policies is subject to the approval of the director of the department.
(5) Provide any advisory opinions to the department that are necessary for the implementation of this chapter, title XI of the Federal Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act of 1989, 12 U.S.C. § 3331 et seq., as may be amended from time to time and with the federal regulatory standards promulgated thereunder, as well as any other standards of expertise and certification deemed appropriate by the board.
(6) [Deleted by P.L. 2014, ch. 92, § 2, and by P.L. 2014, ch. 93, § 2].
(P.L. 1990, ch. 424, § 1; P.L. 1991, ch. 294, § 1; P.L. 1992, ch. 275, § 1; P.L. 2014, ch. 92, § 2; P.L. 2014, ch. 93, § 2.)