§ 5-20.8-1 Definitions.
When used in this chapter, unless the context indicates otherwise:
(1) "Agent" means any individual or entity acting on behalf of a seller or buyer to effect the transfer of real estate. It includes listing agent, selling agent, buyer's agent, and their respective brokers.
(2) "Agreement to transfer" means a purchase and sale agreement, installment sales contract, option to purchase agreement or other agreement intended to effect the transfer of real estate from a seller to a buyer.
(3) "Buyer" means any individual or entity seeking to obtain title to real estate from a seller for consideration.
(4) "Closing" means the time at which real estate is transferred from seller to buyer and consideration is delivered to the seller or to a settlement agent with the intention of imminent delivery upon the recording of pertinent documents and other ministerial acts associated with settlement.
(5) "Deficient conditions" means any land restrictions, defect, malfunction, breakage, or unsound condition existing on, in, across or under the real estate of which the seller has knowledge.
(6) "Real estate" means vacant land or real property and improvements consisting of a house or building containing one to four (4) dwelling units.
(7) "Seller" means any individual or entity seeking to transfer title to real estate to a buyer for consideration.
(8) "Transfer" means the sale or conveyance, exchange of, or option to purchase any real estate.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 425, § 1.)