§ 5-20.8-3. Exemptions.
The following transfers are exempt from the provisions of this chapter:
(1) Transfer pursuant to a court order, including, but not limited to, transfer ordered by a probate court in administration of an estate, transfer pursuant to a writ of execution, transfer by a trustee in bankruptcy, transfer by eminent domain, and transfer resulting from a decree for specific performance.
(2) Transfer to a mortgagee by a mortgagor or pursuant to a foreclosure sale, or transfer by a mortgagee who has so acquired the real estate.
(3) Transfer by a fiduciary in the course of the administration of a decedent's estate, guardianship, conservatorship, or trust.
(4) Transfer from one co-owner to one or more other co-owners.
(5) Transfer made to a spouse, or to a person or persons in the lineal line of consanguinity of one or more of the transferors.
(6) Transfer between spouses resulting from a decree of dissolution of marriage or a decree of legal separation or from a property settlement agreement incidental to that decree.
(7) Transfer from any governmental entity.
(8) Transfer of any new unoccupied dwelling unit from a builder or developer.
(9) Transfer by a relocation company.
(10) Transfer of title with no consideration.
(P.L. 1992, ch. 425, § 1.)