§ 5-20-14.1 Grandfathering Licensing of irrigation masters and irrigation journeypersons without examination. (a) After July 13, 2001, and at any time prior to the expiration of twelve (12) months following July 13, 2001, the authority shall, without examination, upon payment of the fees required in this chapter, issue through the department of labor and training, division of professional regulation, a master irrigation license or a journeyperson irrigation license to any applicant who shall present satisfactory evidence that he or she has the qualifications for the type of license applied for. Thereafter, in order to qualify for a master irrigation license after the initial "grandfather" window, the eligible contractor shall be required to pass a written examination and show the proof contained in this subsection of his or her eligibility.
(b) Satisfactory evidence shall be any of the following that is applicable:
(1) The owner or owners of an enterprise must have been active in irrigation for the previous three (3) years; or
(2) The contractor has previously registered with the contractors' registration board; or
(3) The contractor has been listed within the yellow pages phone book under "Lawn Sprinklers" or has advertised irrigation or lawn sprinklers in ads placed elsewhere; or
(4) The contractor has been incorporated or has been registered to do business designating irrigation as a provided service; or
(5) Notarized confirmation by three (3) irrigation
(P.L. 2001, ch. 214, § 3.)