§ 5-20-27. Grounds for revocation of license.
The director of labor and training shall revoke the license of any master plumber, master irrigator, master water-filtration/treatment-system installer, or journeyperson plumber, journeyperson irrigator, or journeyperson water-filtration/treatment-system installer after a hearing when the weight of the evidence establishes any one or more of the following specific violations:
(1) For having obtained, or conspired with others to obtain, a license by inducing the issuance of that license in consideration of the payment of money or any other things of value, or by and through a willful or fraudulent misrepresentation of facts in the procurement of the license;
(2) Willful violation of any plumbing ordinance, or rules of any city or town, or of any law of this state regulating the conduct of plumbing, irrigation work or commercial water-filtration/treatment-system work;
(3) On account of knowingly aiding or assisting any person to engage in the work specified for a master plumber, master irrigator, master water-filtration/treatment-system installer or journeyperson plumber, journeyperson irrigator, or journeyperson water-filtration/treatment-system installer when that person does not have a license as provided in this chapter;
(4) Because of any master plumber, master irrigator, master water-filtration/treatment-system-installer or journeyperson plumber, journeyperson irrigator or journeyperson water-filtration/treatment-system installer willfully and fraudulently loaning his or her license to any other person for the purpose of permitting that person to engage in any plumbing, irrigation work or commercial water-filtration/treatment-system work in violation of the provisions of this chapter;
(5) If any licensee, as provided in this chapter, is convicted of a felony; or
(6) On account of any willful violation of any of the provisions of this chapter.
(P.L. 1945, ch. 1661, § 25; G.L. 1956, § 5-20-27; P.L. 1999, ch. 115, § 1; P.L. 2001, ch. 214, § 2; P.L. 2016, ch. 26, § 1; P.L. 2016, ch. 31, § 1.)