§ 5-34-44. Advanced practice registered nurses as independent practitioners.
APRNs are licensed, independent practitioners within standards established or recognized by the board of nursing. Each APRN is accountable to patients, the nursing profession, and the board of nursing for:
(1) Complying with the requirements of this chapter and the quality of advanced nursing care rendered;
(2) Recognizing limits of knowledge and experience;
(3) Planning for the management of situations beyond the APRN’s expertise;
(4) Consulting with or referring patients to other licensed healthcare providers as appropriate.
(5) In the case of CRNAs, complying with the requirements of chapter 34.2 of this title, including § 5-34.2-5(b) regarding scope of practice. In the case of any conflict between this chapter and chapter 34.2 of this title with regard to the licensure and practice of CRNAs, chapter 34.2 of this title shall control.
History of Section.
P.L. 2013, ch. 83, § 2; P.L. 2013, ch. 93, § 2; P.L. 2014, ch. 528, § 3.