§ 5-35.2-1 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Advisory committee" means the advisory committee of opticianry as established herein.
(2) "Department" means the department of health
(3) "Director" means the director of the department of health.
(4) "Optician" means a person licensed in this state to practice opticianry pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) "The Practice of Opticianry" means the preparation or dispensing of eyeglasses, spectacles, lenses, or related appurtenances, for the intended wearers, or users, on prescription from licensed physicians or optometrists, or duplications or reproductions of previously prepared eyeglasses, spectacles, lenses, or related appurtenances; or the person who, in accordance with such prescriptions, duplications or reproductions, measures, adapts, fits, and adjusts eyeglasses, spectacles, lenses, including spectacles add powers for task specific use or occupational applications, or appurtenances, to the human face. Provided, however, a person licensed under the provisions of this chapter shall be specifically prohibited from engaging in the practice of ocular refraction, orthoptics, visual training, the prescribing of subnormal vision aids, telescopic spectacles, fitting, selling, replacing, or dispensing contact lenses.
(P.L. 2008, ch. 305, § 3; P.L. 2008, ch. 433, § 3.)