§ 5-37.6-2 Findings.
The general assembly finds and declares that:
(1) Pain affects quality of life, job performance and security;
(2) Nearly thirty percent (30%) of nursing home residents with daily pain were receiving no pain medication of any form;
(3) Pain untreated or under-treated adversely impacts the quality of life for patients;
(4) Up to ninety-five percent (95%) of terminally ill patients' pain can be relieved with adequate pain management; and
(5) Too many Rhode Islanders are suffering and dying in needless pain.
(P.L. 2002, ch. 331, § 1.)