§ 5-37.6-3. Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Assessment of pain" means the act of assessing an unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder;
(2) "Director" means the director of the department of health;
(3) "Health care facilities" is defined in the same manner as in § 23-17-2(8);
(4) "Health care provider" means any person licensed by this state to provide or lawfully providing health care services, including, but not limited to, a physician, dentist, optometrist, nurse, podiatrist, physical therapist, nurse practitioner or physician's assistant;
(5) "Person" means any individual, trust or estate, partnership, limited liability corporation, corporation (including associations, joint stock companies, and insurance companies), state, or political subdivision or instrumentality of a state;
(6) "Regular basis" means a procedure done on a customary, usual, normal, orderly, even, or symmetrical schedule.
(P.L. 2002, ch. 331, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 410, § 4.)